Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Color Yellow

Sometime before the elections in 1992, I remember standing by the window worrying; it was the innocent kind of worrying and emoting.

President Corazon Cojuangco Aquino's term is about to end. She will be leaving the country's top post and will start living the life of an ordinary citizen.

I felt sad then because she would soon be replaced by another unknown entity. Even at a young age, the uncertainty of it all was a scary thing.

NOw, about 26 years later, I find myself feeling the same kind of sadness and anxiety. Perhaps, most of my fellow Filipinos feel this too.

Cory, as she is more popularly known is leaving us. Again. This time, permanently.
And at a time where people's disappointment over the misdeeds of its elected public SERVANTS have exponentially increased.

But more than the sadness are the feelings of amazement and sense of unity at how the nation is reacting over her death.

At this very moment, I don't feel like saying "I am Proud to be Pinoy".

It is more like, "At this very moment, I feel MORE proud to be Pinoy!"

No comments: