Saturday, May 05, 2007

winterson

PICTURE THESE:

1) A simple chiffon cake coated with plain white vanilla icing. No frills. no flowers. NADA

You're given a slice, you take your fork, tuck in and when you finally feel that small piece of pastry in your mouth you're simply at loss for words. And when I say at loss for words it has nothing to do with the fact that your mouth is full and you've been taught the "proper" table manners.

Later on you find out that this cake was the creation of no other than the confectionery master. THE ONE.


2) One hundred billion neurons which are capable of electrical and chemical communications with tens of thousands of other nerve cells.

This mass which typically weighs 1.5kg is the source of conscious cognitive mind. (Wikipedia) More popularly known as the brain, it is capable of almost anything.

Take it out of the skull and it's vulnerable, unassuming, almost undesirable. Who would want a terrible looking mass like it? Take it away and you're nothing but a vegetable.

Although i have to say vegetables can be more logical that some people. Pichay's campaign vehicle just went past our street. I guess I'll have to take back my vegetable praise.

I wont pretend that I know all about the gazillion authors and their respective novels in this universe. I don't. ( Ask me about hair and hair products, i just might go rant for weeks. No need for honorarium.)

BUT IF YOU ASK ME WHAT I THINK OF JEANETTE WINTERSON AND HER NOVEL ORANGES AREN'T THE ONLY FRUIT, EXPECT AN ANSWER SIMILAR TO THIS BLOG:)

1 comment:

Borealis said...

winterson... winterson... hmmm... now my mind dreamily wanders off... sometimes i think i love her, as i am in love with her writing... then i think to myself, cerebrally or otherwise she echoed d profundity of such peculiar, surreal and bittersweet feeling of the "damned". and that sums it up for me. indeed, im taking that slice, like an aphrodisiac making me moan under my breath--- it is. the one. ;)